3.15.2010

Talkin' Bout them Toms

Let's see, where to begin?..

The question I am currently asking myself is, how many times have people blogged about TOMS? Yes, the shoes.
Countless times I imagine, but to your disappointment, I too will throw out a couple words here and there about them.

Really though, nobody can ever get tired of these shoes that keep on giving back no?
We admit it, we love seeing the pictures of 31 year old Blake Mycoskie putting little shoes on the foot of a young girl. The Public never tires of charity. ha.
(so how about passing some shoes on to me...?)

The Spring 2010 Collection is intended to have a nautical feel to it, although I till do not quite understand how canvas with paint stamped on it in different swirly patterns is really, marine'ish. Maybe they represent the ocean? Yea, let's go with that.
Apart from my fairy resembling ones, silver and covered with glitter, and the only pair I own,
I really liked these:

Enough about that.

I must ask you a serious question, so: If it was "Retro Day", what would you wear?

The reason I ask is because every time I have witnessed these sort of days, i usually end up seeing the same sort of thing, vomited, thrown up and worn all again. Like? LIKE?

  • legwarmers
  • oversized sweaters
  • side ponytails
  • skin tight spandex
  • crazy-big earrings
  • and of course, NEON

So what is it with anything from the past is now associated only and only with the Flashdance era sort of 80's thing?

What happened to the Victorian period? The Flappers? The Militarists? The Pin-Ups? The Sex Kittens? The Groovy Disco Divas? The 90's Dr. Marten grunge chicks?


gone. yep. So, who's up for some Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing? not me.

I have become distraught again, but if I leave you with my picture of the delicious ice cream I demolished down today, maybe you could make use of some happiness?



Guess zeee Flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

XoXoXo